Sunday, 21 January 1900
  • Open: 08:00-19:40. Entrance fee: 6€.
  • Was built in the 7th century A.C. where  temple of Helios was before.
  • Because of its excellent construction, was considered as the most safe place of the island, so was chosen as the residence for the governers.
  • Rennovated by the Knights of St.John in 1309 to be used as government palace.
  • On basement were the kitchen, stores and stables, on the upper floor was the council room, the diningroom and the bedrooms. The entrance is impressive with two semi round towers and the shield of the Grand Magister.
  • Was destroyed in 1865 by explosion and rennovated during the Italian-occupancy (1912-1948) from Italian officer DeVecci.
Palace of Grand Magister

Palace of Grand Magister